Access rights

Alexander Contact February 24, 2020

Hi!

Please explain the access rights situation... When you click on "lock", a message appears: "all users who log in can view and edit this page."

Is it about users in my team, or about all 2020-02-24_19-20-20.png2020-02-24_19-16-10.pngusers registered in Confluence?

"confluence-users" - who are all confluence users?? That is, any user can see my content on a free tariff?

Also, what are the differences between "administrators" and "site-admin"?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2020

Confluence-users is every user that has login credentials to your instance. Anonymous access at the bottom is access to the content by users who do NOT have login credentials. There's ways to disable anonymous access instance-wide as well as block the general public from even signing up if you want. More info here. 

Space permissions grant users (who have access to your instance as mentioned above) access to individual spaces. Currently, it's available to all your users due to the confluence-users group. It appears that everyone is an admin to your space. I'd start by changing that.

The lock is your Page Restrictions. Page restrictions remove access to the page (even from those who have access via space permissions) and only give access to the users you add to the list. There are two types of restrictions. Edit restrictions, so people can view but cannot edit (applies to ONLY the page). View restrictions, no one except your list can view the page AND it's children (this is an inherited restriction).

Here's the permissions Atlassian Documentation 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events