Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access for vendors

Maya Fleisher February 25, 2020

Hi,

I have a group of vendors I would like to give them access to specific pages from different spaces but they shouldn't have access to any other pages in the space. 

I thought about opening a different space for them and mirror the specific pages but it won't work if I will restrict them from the origin space.

Is that correct? Is there any other solution beside maintain the specific pages twice? 

Thanks,

Maya

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Hi,

the permission concept of Confluence grants permission on a space (No access, read, read/write,...)

On pages you can only restrict access, i.e. you can never give more rights on a page than on a space.

Another important aspect is that as pages are stored in page hierarchy, view restrictions (hide page) are inherited from root / parent pages to child pages.

This is relevant for your use case.

To achieve your should create a parent page in each space where your vendors have access & move all page they should be allowed to view below this parent page. This is actually a thing we do in our department & project spaces: A "public" parent page with child pages containing information for everyone & an "Internal" parent page with hidden child pages.

Best

JP

Maya Fleisher February 27, 2020

Thank you

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Hi,

you might want to accept the answer, if this solved your problem.

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events