Access entry values from different forms

Ulrich Brinker December 7, 2022

Hello,

I would like to use the IFTTT macro to rename a childpage located somewhere else.

The parentpage of the childpage contains a confiform form with entries. Is it possible to access a specific entries value to rename a childpage to that? 

I think its easier to explain with an example:

imagine a page with a confiforms form and a checkbox. If this checkbox gets checked an existing childpage somewhere else (with a parentpage containing values already) gets renamed dynamically. 

I thought at a "New Page Title" like:

parentformName:pageID.[entry.FIELD_NAME]

but I don't know the exact syntax. Maybe someone can help me.

Thanks and regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hi

You can rename any page, but you need to know it's ID and supply it to ConfiForms (could take it from a field via [entry.field_name] notation)

Does your form knows what page to rename?

Alex

The child page gets created by a different IFTTT.

Therefore I thought it could work with something like id:[iftttResult_NP.id I could also name the childpage [entry.FIELD_NAME] directly with the createpage IFTTT under "Page title" but this results somehow in an error after checking the mentioned checkbox. So my thought was that it could work with something like parentformName:pageID.[entry.FIELD_NAME] as well. The parentformName and the pageID is known. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

I am confused, sorry...

You can access results of an IFTTT or you can access some field value in the IFTTT macros parameters

What is your question?

The question is:

How to access some field values of a form located on a different page. My hope was that there is something like

formName:pageID.[entry.FIELD_NAME]

whereas:

• "pageID" is the pageID of the page where the form "formName" is defined
  • "formName" is the name of the form located on the page with the pageID above
  • "[entry.FIELD_NAME]" is a specific value in the form "formName"

My problem is that I dont know if a parameter like this exists and if it exists, what the correct syntax would look like.

Hope it makes sense now.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2022

If this is from arbitrary form that is not connected to current then have a look at queryAndSet function from virtual functions 

If the form is connected to other form though smart fields (of any length - through smart field, etc) then you can reference the value directly, by navigating to it through the [entry.field_name.another_feld_name], etc

Alex

Like Ulrich Brinker likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events