Access denied to Confluence Trial

Alex Whitney February 23, 2014

I added a Confluence on-demand trial to my existing account, which includes Jira and Jira Agile. I am able to view Confluence from my On Demand Account, but not any other On Demand user accounts.

I created a test user, placed it in every group I belong to on my On Demand account, which still didn't resolve the problem. As the test user, I opened up the Global User Management page, where I encountered an error in the license usage section:

Jira: 7 Remaining
Confluence: Error communicating with Confluence: Unknown Content-Type: text/html

We would like to be able to grant existing JIRA users access to the Confluence application so that we can evaluate its fit within our business process. Is this possible with the trial?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Whitney March 1, 2014

Workaround did not fix my problem. Submitted a support ticket. The global users feature was rolled back for my on-demand instance.

0 votes
Rebecca Sheranian April 9, 2014

Same issue here so maybe bug is not fixed. Have Jira on Demand, have been granted admin to Confluence but in users says (Confluence (Error communicating with Confluence: Unknown Content-Type: text/html), if try to access Confluence either get no page load or screen that says I do not have access.

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2014

Hi Alex,

Strange thing that you are coming across the problem on bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/UNIFIED-9that has already been deployed.

Please try the workaround to solve the situation.

Feel free to create an issue at support at support.atlassian.comif you still find trouble since we'll be able to take a closer look at your instance.

Cheers,
Mauro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events