Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Able to see Page in Confluence Search but not able to access page

Edited
Vikrant Yadav Community Leader Sep 16, 2022

Hi Guys,

Need your help, i am able to see a page in Confluence Advanced search but when i open the page getting error "You don't have permission to view this page". I am Confluence admin, i have to tried to recover page permission from General Configuration >> Space Permission but not able to see this page. Please suggest, how can i recover this page permission as Confluence admin. 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Vikrant Yadav ,

it's strange that you can see the page in the search even if it is restricted. My opinion is that there is some inconsistence at indexing level. Try to reindex your instance.

About page visibility, even if you are a COnfluence Admin, someone can restrict page and you are not able to see them.

Fabio

Vikrant Yadav Community Leader Sep 16, 2022

Yeah, very strange able to search but not accessible.

Confluence Re-index stops Confluence for all users or it runs in Background ?

About page visibility, even if you are a COnfluence Admin, someone can restrict page and you are not able to see them.

But we can recover the permission in this scenario from Global Configuration ,right ?

In Restricted pages ( under Space Tools )  also that page is not visible. 

Let me try to reindex Confluence on weekend. If not works, i will get back to you. 

Hey @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  It's fixed now. 

Page was Restricted by one of the user. Only this user is having permission to view and edit page.

I install "User Switcher for Confluence" which is free plugin and impersonate into the user account which is having permission to this page and remove view restrictions.

Hey @Vikrant Yadav ,

reindexing will not stop users but just search will not work. Thanks for sharing the page restricted approach.

Fabio

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events