AWS ELB Health Checks preventing Confluence install

Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

I am trying to install Confluence on a AWS linux server. The ELB performs automatic health checks. Originally, we had the health checks pointing to the Confluence /status page. This works great, if Confluence is up and running. During the install process, the /status page can not be seen by the ELB (and therefore, does not return a response of 200). Because the ELB is not getting a response of 200, I can not get Confluence to render in a browser so I can walk through the setup process.

Has anyone installed Confluence with an ELB? How do you get around the health checks?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2016

We resolved this by pointing the health checks to the TCP Port while we did the install. Once complete, we re-pointed back to the Confluence forgot password page.

1 vote
Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2016

Daniel,

We resolved this by pointing the health checks to the TCP Port while we did the install. Once complete, we re-pointed back to the Confluence page. 

0 votes
Daniel Törnqvist May 20, 2016

Thanks for that. However the version of Confluence we were using (5.7.1) apparently doesn't have a /status page.

We ended up upgrading to 5.9.10 and dumping in the data from an old installation instead.

0 votes
Daniel Törnqvist May 19, 2016

We're running into the same issue. Anyone got any ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events