Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTACHMENT DOWNLOAD PERMISSIONS

Rory McGauran September 5, 2016

Hi

We have noticed that anonymous users have the ability to download an attachment from our site by entering a url. As far as our settings go this should not be allowed and anonymous users can not access confluence. 

Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

I assume you want Anonymous Users to access your Space(s) as that is a specific deliberate decision to provide that ability.

I am not sure if you can prevent anyone with view access to a page not being able to download an attachment to that page - Anonymous or as a user login.  It seems a bit pointless to be able to see a page with a link to an attachment but the link doesn't work for some people ...

If you don't want the Anonymous people to get the attachment, make a Child page with Restricted View to only Confluence Users and put the attachment there, then Anonymous can't see the attachment even exists

0 votes
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2016

Make sure that your global permissions does not allow anonymous access.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events