8 active users but user management shows 10 users

I have 8 active users and 2 disabled users in Confluence (and the same active users in Jira). However, when I want to add a new user, Confluence tells me there are 10 current and active users. Did a restart of the server to clear cache, but still 10 users are active. How to solve this?

1 answer

0 votes

Rogier,

Are you able to use the query I sent you in November to see if they are being counted in the database? 

Get a list of active users counting towards the Confluence license

Otherwise I would recommend following this page to flush the cache manually (separate than a restart) and make sure they're not in any groups with can-use permissions:

User count not updated after disabling or removing a user

Regards,

Shannon

Unfortunately the person who installed Atlassian at the company left and we have no idea how to access the database and run queries on that. Any articles on Atlassian on how to accomplish that?

Rogier,

The first article above does show you how to run the query, but you will need to obtain database access from within your company.

You can use the configuration.cfg.xml file on your server to see what information Confluence uses to connect to the database.

If you are unsure please contact your Server Administrator and they can help you to get this information.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

101 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you