3.5 vs 4.0 Links to LAN locations

Hi

Confluence 3.5 i used to enter

+[Question Tracker|\\van.com\root\IS_Documents\Business Analysis\Business Requirements\Question Tracker\Question Tracker POS_net.xls]

And it linked directly to a document on our local server/folders.

in 4.0 it does not work.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

1 answer

The new editor does not understand all of the old Wiki markup. To create such a link you have to do the following:

1. Type [
2. Choose "Insert Web Link"
3. Enter "\\van.com\root\IS_Documents\Business Analysis\Business Requirements\Question Tracker\Question Tracker POS_net.xls" in field Address
4. Enter "Question Tracker" in field Link Text

It could be possible that you have to enter the address as "file:///van.com/root/.../Question Tracker POS_net.xls". Have also a look at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Linking+to+local+file+under+Firefox

Thanks. I did this exactly per above, but it does not create a link, just displays the name, cannot click on it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,784 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you