3.5.9 space conversion to 4.3.1

Guenter Huber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

Hi!

We are currently evaluating solutions for our future documentation. We ve been using Confluence for a long time and -- other than search ranking -- I have no major gripes. So far.

I installed a 4.3.1 demo. All I found so far seems to say that I can t import a single space (from a 3.5.9 XML export) to check if it works OK.

This can t be it! Please advise!

Thanks
G.

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

You can't, not directly. Confluence only support restoring space from the same major version. You will have 2 options:

1. Copy the whole environment to a test environment, upgrade it and remove unwanted spaces

2. Install a 3.5.9 environment, import the space to that environment and upgrade it to check how it looks in 4.3.

I would recommend option 2.

Guenter Huber
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2012

Thanks a ton, Jobin!

>>Install a 3.5.9 environment, import the space to that environment and upgrade it to check how it looks in 4.3.<<

This definitely is the no nonsense answer!

G.

0 votes
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2012

Hello Gue22,

Unfortunately this is not possible, Confluence has been designed to only accept full backups. Or from the same version. For more information on the exact topic:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+a+Site

Hope this helps you,

Guilherme

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events