2 alias for Jira and Confluence but both redirected to Jira

Hello,

We have a 2 alias for JIRA and Confluence : buic-jira.conti.de:8080 and buic-confluence.conti.de:8090 

When we try to access JIRA without to put the port (for example: buic-confluence.conti.de ) for JIRA is working very well but for Confluence when you put the alias without port just  buic-confluence.conti.de is redirected to JIRA and receive a message: "This page will forward to Http://buic-jira.contiwan.com:8080. Please update your links"

Where we can to modify to work as well in JIRA for Confluence? Local IT tell us this is a problem from our side and they can help us but we don't were to look.

Thank you very much!

Nico

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

How are you doing this "alias"?  Reverse proxies?  Redirection?

If you're running JIRA on port 8080, but visiting it without mentioning the port, then there is something doing that mapping for you.

I think of this as an assumption - when you enter an http url without any port, your browser assumes, and uses, port 80.  For https, it's assuming port 443.  The ports have not gone away, they are just hidden because they're a standard that we humans don't really need to see.  If something runs on a non-standard port, but appears to be working on one, then there must be something doing that.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

85 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you