Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

195 pages are reporting an Unknown macro: 'unmigrated-wiki-markup' after upgrade.

Matthew Pyle December 18, 2011

We upgraded from Confluence 3.4 to 4.0. Some of our pages are reporting an Unknown macro: 'numigrated-wiki-markup'. I've found this page that describes why we're receiving this error http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Wiki+Markup+to+XHTML+Migration. My first problem is that I'm not sure how to determine what macro those pages are using and how to determine if there's a compatible 4.0 macro that will fix the issue. My second problem is that the article says I should be able to view the page, I cannot. I only show the Unknown macro: 'unmigrated-wiki-markup' tag, no content. My third problem is I don't have a list of the problem pages. This page (unmigratedwikicontent.action) tells me that there's 195 pages with the problem. I don't need a number, I need a listing of the problem pages. Can someone help me get these pages working?

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew Pyle December 19, 2011

Atlassian support found the problem! The Wiki-Markup-Plugin was disabled. Once I enabled that plugin I was able to see the offending markup and remove the problems.

2 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2011

Hi Matthew,

The unmigrated wiki markup macro is used to wrap content in Confluence pages that could not be converted to XHTML.

The fact that you are getting an error "Unknown macro: unmigrated-wiki-markup" leads me to believe that there was a problem with your upgrade to Confluence 4.0... the macro itself should have no problems, its the content within the macro that could not be migrated.

If you still have log files available from when you upgraded, it would be good to analayse them for problems or error message.

1 vote
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012

You should be able to get a list of unmigrated pages with this query:

SELECT contentid, title FROM CONTENT WHERE CONTENTID IN (SELECT CONTENTID FROM bodycontent WHERE BODY LIKE '%unmigrated-wiki-markup%') AND PREVVER IS NULL AND CONTENTTYPE IN ('PAGE','BLOGPOST') AND CONTENT_STATUS != 'deleted';

You can access the pages in the URL: <CONFLUENCE_URL>/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=<PAGE_ID>

Jaime Hablutzel November 18, 2014

And after removing the unknown/old macros directly editing the wiki markup just go to http://confluence.blobfish.pe/admin/unmigratedcontent.action

0 votes
Dick Visser January 15, 2012

Same question here. Only the number of non-migrated pages is displayed (23 in my case, so not too many), but no list of them. Where do I look?

0 votes
Dick Visser January 15, 2012

Same question here. Only the number of non-migrated pages is displayed (23 in my case, so not too much luckily), but no list of them.

Where do I look?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events