Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sunseting pages?

ross jones February 5, 2018

pages get stale  and data becomes out of date............is there a way for confluence to ping me on a set schedule to go to "my pages" and review them??...........a related topic: does confluence know who "owns" a page in order to ping them to review it, update or delete??

8 answers

1 vote
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

Hi Ross, page recycling is a very common use case for our app Comala Workflows. You can set expiry days to your pages, and received notifications/emails when it's time to refresh them. Let me know if I can answer any questions about it! 

0 votes
Kobus Myburgh April 11, 2019

Hi @Mike Rink 

No - the original question was asked by someone else, not me, so you made no mistake. Perhaps I made a mistake by hijacking that person's question a little bit.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Kobus

0 votes
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2019

Hi @Kobus Myburgh , my mistake - I didn't realize you are in the cloud. Yes, the Comala Workflows app is for server/data center only, not the cloud.

We do have an app for cloud, Comala Workflows Lite, that has a "content expiry" workflow, which transitions pages to an "expired" state after a pre-set due date. We explain that workflow here: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CA/Content+Expiry+Workflow

Note that the workflow does not do notifications, but you could see which pages have expired in the space report. 

Let me know if I can help further.

0 votes
Kobus Myburgh April 9, 2019

Hi @[deleted],

All versions of expiring pages I have seen so far only works on Server/Data Center.

I am assuming that "Data Center" means the instance we access in the cloud. If not, do you know of a solution that works for a cloud instance?

Kind regards,

Kobus

0 votes
Kobus Myburgh April 9, 2019

Hi @Mike Rink ,

All versions of expiring pages I have seen so far only works on Server/Data Center.

I am assuming that "Data Center" means the instance we access in the cloud. If not, do you know of a solution that works for a cloud instance?

Kind regards,

Kobus

0 votes
Jisu Oh February 7, 2018

awesome! could you kindly accept this answer? thank you!

0 votes
ross jones February 6, 2018

jisu,

thank you!!!.............your links DO address my request.

thanks for the help!!

0 votes
Jisu Oh February 5, 2018

Hey Ross!

Perhaps the article that's currently featured on community showcase can help

I was eyeing this article, sounds like this might be what you are looking for

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Showcase-How-LinkedIn-does-Content-Lifecycle-Management-12-Steps/ba-p/714499

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.confluence.plugin.archiving/server/overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events