sunseting pages?

ross jones February 5, 2018

pages get stale  and data becomes out of date............is there a way for confluence to ping me on a set schedule to go to "my pages" and review them??...........a related topic: does confluence know who "owns" a page in order to ping them to review it, update or delete??

2 comments

Jisu Oh February 5, 2018

Hey Ross!

Perhaps the article that's currently featured on community showcase can help

I was eyeing this article, sounds like this might be what you are looking for

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Showcase-How-LinkedIn-does-Content-Lifecycle-Management-12-Steps/ba-p/714499

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.confluence.plugin.archiving/server/overview

ross jones February 6, 2018

jisu,

thank you!!!.............your links DO address my request.

thanks for the help!!

Jisu Oh February 7, 2018

awesome! could you kindly accept this answer? thank you!

Kobus Myburgh April 9, 2019

Hi @[deleted],

All versions of expiring pages I have seen so far only works on Server/Data Center.

I am assuming that "Data Center" means the instance we access in the cloud. If not, do you know of a solution that works for a cloud instance?

Kind regards,

Kobus

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

Hi Ross, page recycling is a very common use case for our app Comala Workflows. You can set expiry days to your pages, and received notifications/emails when it's time to refresh them. Let me know if I can answer any questions about it! 

Like Kobus Myburgh likes this
Kobus Myburgh April 9, 2019

Hi @Mike Rink ,

All versions of expiring pages I have seen so far only works on Server/Data Center.

I am assuming that "Data Center" means the instance we access in the cloud. If not, do you know of a solution that works for a cloud instance?

Kind regards,

Kobus

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2019

Hi @Kobus Myburgh , my mistake - I didn't realize you are in the cloud. Yes, the Comala Workflows app is for server/data center only, not the cloud.

We do have an app for cloud, Comala Workflows Lite, that has a "content expiry" workflow, which transitions pages to an "expired" state after a pre-set due date. We explain that workflow here: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CA/Content+Expiry+Workflow

Note that the workflow does not do notifications, but you could see which pages have expired in the space report. 

Let me know if I can help further.

Kobus Myburgh April 11, 2019

Hi @Mike Rink 

No - the original question was asked by someone else, not me, so you made no mistake. Perhaps I made a mistake by hijacking that person's question a little bit.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Kobus

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events