suggestions with spaces

sn June 8, 2017

hi all,

we have 2 differnt types of dcuments=support and application specific

i am new Confluence admin. we have confluence 5.10.

1) we have support documents that every IT user would use- we will break down the spaces by teams and each teams support docs will be subdivided into pages and subpages.

2)app docs-we intend to use it within our IT team which is subdivided into groups and each group has diffrent applications and each application has different projects.

diffrent IT groups can work on same project(like QA,developers & users). we want to have space & page structures set to make sense.

here are my thoughts for project docs. please let me know the advantages of using Structure 1 Vs Structure 2. im leaning towards 2.

structure 1.JPGstructure2.JPG

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2017

I'd think about the audience rather than the groups.  Who is going to be reading this documentation?  How is the end user likely to be understanding it?

As an example, let's say you've got a load of Financial traders who use trading applications.  They're not going to care, or even know what group owns what application.  When they need help with "Swaps and Options", they're going to look for that, not the team or group who maintains it.

You should build a structure for the consumers of the documentation.  Your developers are just as important, but as developers, they're more likely to be happy with a fragmented tree structure that works for the end user!

sn June 8, 2017

our end users would be all developers, manaers,senior management, QA team( for auditing ) and some business users. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events