cannot login using confluence CLI

Pierluigi Conti May 10, 2017

Hello

we're unable to login with confluence cli using username and password like the following command line example:

confluence.sh --server https://lvrteam.atlassian.net/confluence --user xxx --password xxx --space SYSADMSTUFF --action getPageList

Error is:

Client error: Error getting information from Confluence. java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The idplat does not support authenticateViaEmail, please use authenticateViaEmailWithHostname instead.

Which could be the problem?

Thank you

you could also reference on Bob Swift's ticket:

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/projects/ACLI/issues/ACLI-441?filter=allopenissues

4 comments

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2017

This needs to go to Atlassian support.

Brian M Thomas May 12, 2017

I have the same problem, and I first noticed it only today when I ran it to attempt to understand why the UWC quit working suddenly with errors that I had never seen before, and debugging found that the call to get a login token failed.

Has anyone entered an issue with Atlassian support?  I can't find anything using any of the unique words from that message, and I don't even know what an idplat is.  Of course, that error message is from the CLI, so I don't expect its exact text to appear in any issue.

I'd be glad to enter an issue myself, but I don't quite know how to characterize it.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2017

Hi,

A fix for this issue has been deployed by Atlassian and, according to CSOAP-768 this should now work  using CLI 6.6.

Please let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Dario 

Stjepan Bijelonjic March 28, 2019

stupid question, but did you try using your username as user parameter instead of your email? 

I am usually logging in with my username and the password, not with my email adress.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events