atlassian-confluence-7.6.X BUG

Netset July 30, 2020

Don't upgrade from any confluence to atlassian-confluence-7.6.X If you are using Synchrony collaborative editing.

I have a working confluence 7.4 with reverse proxy. after upgrading to 7.6.0

Synchrony doesn't start at all.

I have checked if the port is blocked: No. It is not, It is enabled in firewall

and doesn't used by another application.

I have installed the same confluence server on another server CentOS 7 (identical server and identical confluence server conf)

Confluence 7.4 is working well. then after upgrading Synchrony doesn't start.

Is it Apache or reverse proxy issue: No. It is not, because I stopped Apache and navigate to the server using IP-address:8090, there is no other application on the  new server. there is no firewall on the new server.

instance health says everything is ok. log analyser says nothing about error.

2 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

I've had no problems doing this in the past (not that I have any call for it any more, as even 7.6 is so old nobody bothers)

You'll need to read the Synchrony, Confluence and Tomcat logs together to work out what is failing.

Netset July 31, 2020

I don't really understand "even 7.6 is so old"

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2020

Hi @Netset,

I've been helping you on your duplicate question for this, in which you also shared this thread.

I'm following-up here as well, but the specific bug you are referring to is related to this case:

• CONFSERVER-60120 Synchrony not starting with datasource after upgrade to Confluence 7.5.2 , 7.6.0 , 7.6.1 & 7.6.2

I'll close responses on this duplicate thread. Please do follow-up with me on your original question if you have any further concerns!

Take care,

Shannon

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events