Would love some feedback on using content collaboration tools

Adil Qureshi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi everyone!

My name is Adil Qureshi, I'm a Researcher at Atlassian. We're trying to get some feedback from users who collaborate on content. So if your job involves creating, editing, sharing and storing content (whether text or multimedia), we'd love your feedback on the different tasks you perform on a daily basis. 

This feedback will help us better understand your challenges and in turn improve our products! So if you have 10 minutes to spare, please fill this survey - https://atlassian.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eRtjVdou8CvDjGR - out and share it with co-workers and friends. :)

Thank you for your time!!

4 comments

Rena Mack January 31, 2018

I am still in evaluation mode, but I have this use case:

1.  Create a JIRA that links to a Confluence Page that has an Excel file.

2.  People who have access to the JIRA Issue will find the Excel by clicking on the JIRA link to the confluence page.

3.  Then each person will update the excel document in confluence, expecting collaboration controls (multi-users updating at same time).

Rena

Admin2 January 31, 2018

There needs to be an easy way of seeing what UNPUBL:ISHED changes other users have made to a page without having to publish it first ... it's all very well telling us that there are unpublished changes made by another user but why do we have to visually compare the two "versions" (published in "view" mode and unpublished in "edit" mode)?  The unpublished changes should be highlighted in the same way that we can see what PUBLISHED changes have been made to a page by another person i.e. by highlighting all of the changes in green/red/blue when comparing versions.

Like Kenneth Grooms likes this
Karen_Mustain February 3, 2018

Hi Adil,

Here is a link to a question/concern I posed in the Life Sciences group related to content collaboration.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Life-Sciences-discussions/Latest-Version-of-Image-displaye-in-a-Previous-Version-of-a/td-p/699304#U719116

Thanks Karen

Like a_stucki_solcept_ch likes this
Melody Strauss October 25, 2018

Hi Adil,

I am seconding Karen's comment on her question/concern at viewing the latest version of an image vs the exact version that was embedded in a particular historical version. I replied to her posting as well.

This is unfortunate, confusing, and unacceptable in documentation versioning. This will prove to be a recurring explanation for anyone trying to achieve CMMI levels and or producing Proposal documentation using Confluence to share and post imgae files or updates.

On top of this problem, I found that selecting version from the previewer and downloading was the only way to view a past version, but even then the version number came up different than the version that was selected. I am not sure if this is a mistake on the file input creator or something in the tool at this point.

Thanks,

Melody

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events