When configuring the overview/home page in a space, the page tree on the right is hidden

Alex Sarafian May 4, 2023

Hi all,

This is strange and I don't remember this behavior from prior usage with the data center version.

We have a space and we didn't have an overview/home configured in the space.

Up accessing the page, the panel on the right would show the level pages of the space. 

After configuring the home/overview page, yes the overview page is shown but the tree panel is missing. I need to click on pages, go to a page, and then the panel is shown.

We want the overview page mostly as a formality. The power of our space is in the contents and the ability to navigate.

I can't find an option for the space configurations. So, to actually have fast access to the page tree, I need to bookmark a page that seems silly, to be honest. 

If I try to remove the home page, then I get an error that it can't be empty. How do revert the home page configuration?

1 comment

Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

Hi @Alex Sarafian ,

Since the home page is created after creating all the content in space, other content pages are not mapped as home page's child.

• Currently I could only find a manual way of creating the hierarchy again.
    Go to Space Settings>Content Tools>Reorder pages and drag and drop all pages under this new home page.
  • For removing your home page, go to Space Settings>Overview>Space Details> edit space details and leave Home Page textbox as blank.

Thanks,

Aditya

Like Katie Crick likes this
Alex Sarafian May 4, 2023

That's what I mentioned about the removal. Doesn't work. After the field is emptied and you press save, you get this error.

Untitled.png

Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

I am finding the same behavior in Confluence Cloud. Data Center instance allowed me to keep the Home Page value as blank.

You should definitely raise it with Atlassian Support.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events