Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some tried and tested methods for onboarding new users to Confluence?

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

Hello Amazing Community,

I thought I would start a discussion on this though stop me if this has already been discussed at length. 

What, in your experience, would you suggest as being the preferred method to onboard new users to Confluence? 

Especially new users that have no experience with Atlassian products. 

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,
Danny

2 comments

Comment

Joseph Kelly September 6, 2021

Following this as I'm about to try and onboard lots of new technophobic users who have never come across an Intranet nevermind Atlassian!

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2021

Hi @Joseph Kelly

I would be interested to understand the change management method that you will adopt to support the onboarding process. 

Would you be happy to keep this thread updated on your progress, your thoughts, issues you found, and how happy the end-users were? 

Thanks,
Danny 

TEST DEVELOPER September 6, 2021

Hi @Danny 

By my opinion is best onboarding in Linchpin Intranet addon. As admin I can configure step-by-step all windows and required fields and user is guided to type and fill everything as necesary for user profiles.

Details are >> here.

Like Martin Seibert likes this
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2021

Hi @Zatroch TEST

This is interesting. Does Linchpin override any core Confluence fucntionality or aesthetics? If I am looking to onboard new users to Confluence Cloud as an example I would want the experience to be as close as possible so that the end-users were fully supported. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Could you list the differences that end-users would experience interacting with Linchpin instead of Confluence directly?

Thanks,
Danny

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events