Unable to preview PDF and inline notes

Pascal October 4, 2019

On MacOs in Firefox and Safari I am no longer able to preview attached PDF's and view and edit inline notes. These are existing pages created in the "legacy" page-template (in the new editing experience, PDF-annotating is not available AFAIK).

Instead every time a click on a link that points to a page-attachment the document is downloaded.

Only in Chrome the behaviour still works as expected. But Chrome is not our browser of choice, so our workflow is broken.

1 answer

0 votes
Pascal October 4, 2019

I just found out the preview is shown when the attachment is presented as a thumbnail on the page, but not when it is presented as simple link to the PDF. In the latter case the behaviour as described above occurs (also the screen darkens and a processing-sign keeps spinning even if you click the back-button on the browser - the only thing that works is refreshing the browser page).

So it is not as bas as expected, if it weren't for a few pages where I'm unable to convert the link to a thumbnail. In that case moving over the Chrome seems to be the only option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events