Unable to edit any Confluence page all of a sudden - "Something went wrong after loading the editor.

Prem Mariappan May 1, 2017

Is anyone else experiencing this issue upon opening a page to edit?

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 3.42.17 PM.png

The editor appears to open up and then this notification pops up on the top right: "Something went wrong after loading the editor. Copy your unsaved changes and refresh the page to keep editing."

However I'm unable to edit and save any of the pages.  I've tried multiple browsers.  Also tried logging out and logging back in again.

20 comments

Rakesh Chauhan May 1, 2017

Which Confluence and Jira Version you are using?

Prem Mariappan May 1, 2017

I'm using JIRA / Confluence - Cloud....

When I was experiencing that problem in Confluence, I wasn't even able to save this post!  But about 30 mins ago, everything seems to be working again. 

Must have been some shortlived temporary issue.  

Thankfully everything is back up and running again.

Like Andrey Kostin likes this
Rakesh Chauhan May 1, 2017

Ok Good to hear that. Kudos :)

In case you still face same issue again, pls let me know.

Julia Feld May 19, 2017

I'm facing this issue.

Benji February 21, 2019

We are now facing this issue also frequently the last days. Today not have been able to use the editor.

Fudge February 26, 2019

I've been experiencing this issue for a number of hours today, but so far only on a specific page.

Shane Jorgenson February 27, 2019

Same - can't update Confluence pages today.

Like Giedrius Tuminauskas likes this
Julia Feld May 19, 2017

this is also another message I get about this topic.  "Unable to communicate with server. Saving is not possible at the moment."

Arjuna Rao Chavala November 21, 2017

I am facing the issue for the last couple of days intermittently.

I used Google Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 (64-bit) and Firefox Quantum 57.0 (64bit) on Ubuntu 16.04.

Deleted user December 4, 2017

I recently faced this issue while editing a draft page that someone else has already saved in the meantime.

Like Sharavana Guru likes this
james Mears December 6, 2017

I am facing this same issue when I attempt to create the provided product requirement blueprint.  I'm not sure what to do to resolve, I haven't yet found a post that solves the issue.  HellllpppP!!!

Navadeep September 13, 2018

Hi All, 

I am facing the same issue in our Confluence v6.11 environment. Is there any solution for this ? If so, could you please help me out in this.

I have opened a Space and tried to create a new page by clicking "create" button.

Collaborative Editing-Issue1.JPG

Thanks,

Nav

Joris Limousin January 30, 2019

Facing the same issue, any solution for this? We've not been provided with any answer even though this issue has been here for 2 years...

Like # people like this
Lydia Peavey January 30, 2019

ditto, just started in the past couple hours on cloud.

Davin Hoekstra February 4, 2019

We're getting the same error on the top right "Something went wrong after loading the editor. Copy your unsaved changes and refresh the page to keep editing." and at the bottom of the page next to Publish is says "Can't Save Changes" and when you hover over the ! you get a popup message "Can't reach the server. Check your internet connection and we'll keep trying to connect you."

Davin Hoekstra February 4, 2019

This occurs in Safari 11.1.2 and Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

John Lammers February 5, 2019

We're getting this too.  It started just a few days ago.  We are NOT using a reverse proxy.

Please help, it's very annoying.

--John

Davin Hoekstra February 5, 2019

This is a known bug to Atlassian. Watch:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65514

Like # people like this
Aleks September 11, 2019

A very annoying bug indeed, I have it too every day for few weeks now. The ticket is closed, but there is only a workaround available, which is not optimal.

John Lammers September 11, 2019

This bug is still occurring for the cloud hosted Confluence.  (I've seen it twice this week so far).

Seriously, who closes a ticket when the bug is still occurring?!?

--John

Like Marian Vidra likes this
Jason North November 12, 2019

Agreed.  I'm having this issue now.  Terrible experience as a new user to Confluence.  I was excited to get our team on this software... but I can't even create/save a page?!

Can't save changes

Can't reach the server. Check your internet connection, and we'll keep trying to reconnect you.

Gordon Reid November 20, 2019

Billion dollar company... still not working on cloud. It's November..

David Morgan April 29, 2020

I am experiencing this issue today. The error is "Something went wrong after loading the editor. Copy your unsaved changes and refresh the page to keep editing."

I've tried multiple pages and it is occurring on all. Atlassian, please provide some feedback on this issue.

Aaron Terry June 1, 2020

I've been seeing this issue when accessing Confluence cloud (not the hosted version, that's fine) from my corporate network, but it works from for users from home.  Are additional ports or security settings needed in the firewall?

Marian Vidra June 30, 2020

I've got the same problem.

jwan_sulyman January 8, 2021

We face the same issue in the orga.

James henry April 25, 2021

We're getting a similar blunder on the upper right "Something turned out badly subsequent to stacking the supervisor. Duplicate your unsaved changes and revive the page to keep altering." and at the lower part of the page close to Publish is says "Can't Save Changes" and when you drift over the ! you get a popup message "Can't arrive at the worker. Check your web association and we'll continue to attempt to interface you."

Franko Ivasic May 10, 2021

Same error  on version 7.4.7.

Restart of Confluence helped, but can't really trace some connected error in logs .

rethabile_morena July 27, 2021
Niels F. October 12, 2021

Here on Jira Server we also experience the problem.

Juan Stoppa December 29, 2021

I started getting this issue after converting a page to the new editor, I couldn't make new changes and I would get the error described in the question. 

Everything started working again once I rolled it back to the previous version before converting to the new editor

Like Sebastian likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events