This is a restricted page. Request access from the author

Konstantin Belenko May 24, 2019

Good time of day!
We have a problem with access of the space. Administrator, creator and users of groups: PMO AMs, PMO EM, PMO Owners, administrators, confluence-users, developers, smc3 cannot access the space viewer. Instead, they can only view documents in space.
Please resolve this issue very urgently!

4 comments

Wait

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

Hi @Konstantin Belenko ,

First, could you please edit your post to remove the links and the user's names? This is a public forum of Atlassian users like yourself, and we won;t have access to your space; including the names may be a violation of privacy rules in some countries. 

Second, your title of the post and description of the problem are a bit confusing. Are the users having problems accessing a particular page in a space, or are they unable to access the front page of the space itself? The solution could be different, depending on which is happening.

-Scott 

Are they unable to access the front page of the space itself

And also, some people, to the pages of space. Being in the same group, with permissions to view and create.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2019

You say "cannot access the space viewer. Instead, they can only view documents in space." This is a confusing statement as you don't explain what a "space viewer" or "documents" are, and in Confluence, a page is either visible to a person or it is not, there's only on thing to look at.

Could you explain further please?  What can the users not see?  Have you checked the space permissions?

jbarr August 13, 2020

How does someone other than one person grant access? We have a user out for 2 weeks, but we need to provide access to a restricted page via site admin NOW. Any way to do this? Every feature with this product appears to be an add-on for more money.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

Anyone who has "manage restrictions" permission in the space can do it.

Confluence administrators can also list all the restricted pages in a space (irrespective of their space permissions) and modify them.

jbarr August 13, 2020

Confused: I've added a user under Space Settings > Permissions as basically admin rights, and they've logged out and back in, they are still restricted. Under restricted pages however, they are not in the list to edit/view. I do not see a way to add this person. This is pressing as the one person who does this is out for 2 weeks and folks cannot get their work done. Any way I can accomplish this easily? I am not a Jira expert and frankly have other stuff on my plate. Thanks for responding.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2020

As an admin, they have rights to see a list of restricted pages and change the restritictions.  But if they're not listed in the restriction, then the page remains restricted away from them.  Admin rights are not the same as Page rights.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events