The table in Confluence Cloud is a total disaster.

Brian Son November 11, 2021

I have been using the confluence in many other companies for over nine years. 

All of them were servers, and I recently moved to a new company and managed to persuade my colleague to try out the cloud service.

And the table is the worst thing you can imagine..

whoever made this choice and thought this is better than the old table system needs to get fired if not to fix it.

1 comment

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2021

Hi @Brian Son and welcome to our community!

welcome4.jpeg

Yes, confluence tables is something that you should get accustomed to BUT

there are a plenty of 3rd party macros extending the tables functionality and making them prettier. Maybe you should try them as well.

Like Nilton G_ Junior likes this
Michael Corvin November 12, 2021

"get accustomed"... are you KIDDING ME???

A core feature of html/xml (nesting tables) and nesting macros not being exposed by a crappy (if pretty) editor is unconscionable.   There should be no need to use 3rd party anything for that.  But then the community has been complaining about that since you beta'ed that disaster and all we get are excuses like this.

That's like telling a draftsperson to use crayons instead of a 0.5 mm mechanical pencil.

By the way... I just came across yet another BUG:   all links within a TOC zone macro to show up as the URL when the page is viewed even if they are set to "display inline".  

I'm too tired of Atlassian's unresponsiveness to bother entering a Jira ticket...

Good luck, @Brian Son 

Like Tufan Demir likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events