Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Confluence editor is TERRIBLE. What can be done for cloud/hosted customers?

Viewing page 5 of 6

143 answers

0 votes
Scott Prive June 7, 2021

An important distinction is the users of Confluence are not going to be considered as important as the customers of Confluence.  QA would have even less say in the matter.

0 votes
Daniel P May 28, 2021

Here I am, 2021 and these problems are all still here. I believe Mind boggling is the word Ive seen here a few times... so true. I actually have a text editor that I wrote my notes into and then copy and paste it into the Confluence pages. Constant thorn in my productivity. Have they done user testing on these new features or do they just send it straight to development? starnge so many agile teams use Jira products, does Jira use AGILE structure when developing their products? Trust your users.

0 votes
fabio.gollinucci April 20, 2021

I absolutely agree, I don't understand why to re-invent the wheel (and did it square)... the interface is the worst I've used, the format is just a mess and it's not user-friendly at all... the only solution is to compleatly remove the current editor and support only markdown (like all other software/web app do), I would say that it is quite obvious that Atlassian is not capable of handling this feature, use something already done that works!

0 votes
masayuki onishi March 11, 2021

No point to give any feedback to the product managers of Atlassian. They are full of egos almost like Microsoft with Steve Ballmer. We can only wish some companies create better ones so that we can migrate there and ditch Atlassian altogether. Until then, keep using the previous editor by copying the pages created by it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

Often known as "sharepoint for cloud, where documents go to die in a cloud rather than on a sharepoint server".

0 votes
James Craig Livingston February 5, 2021

Honestly, for quick docs we're using Google Docs right now. 

0 votes
Alan Wendt August 19, 2020

Here's hoping.

0 votes
matthew.watkins August 18, 2020

yeah i went ahead and made a word document, linked it to confluence page. done.

0 votes
matthew.watkins August 12, 2020

yep... I'm not sure everybody whos evangelizing Confluence has tried to make a large document in it, super painful. 

0 votes
matthew.watkins August 12, 2020

so I'm right now trying to create a complex text document in Confluence and the editor is.. lets be charitable and say lacking. 

Whats the current state of the art for managing large complex text+image documents in Confluence? 

If I'm going to mess with word import I would just as soon use Sharepoint to host content, but given our company directive to store documents in Confluence thats not a option. 

argh!

0 votes
Tom Smith July 21, 2020

We recently started moving our docs to Confluence and I am shocked at the state of the editor, I am now trying to find a way to get off Confluence as soon as possible, I can't have the staff wasting half their day trying to navigate this editor.

0 votes
James Craig Livingston July 15, 2020

I've moved on to google docs. Atlassian sent me a survey, asking for feedback. Really? As if it's not obvious that there are issues, someone is just trying to put on a "let's get user feedback, that will help" face.

0 votes
Tom Smith July 15, 2020

I am spending far too much time trying to navigate the editor instead of just creating the document, in this day and age just give us a WYSIWYG editor. (I can't even paste images from other apps!)

Very disappointing.

0 votes
Victoria Bialas June 5, 2020

Agreed. Terrible and consistently getting worse.

Impossible to create links to items sub page level, inconsistent across versions in terms of how you accomplish something (like marking code formats or adding links) and now with the new look-and-feel, all my pages just got huge margins to left and right and no (obvious!?) way of changing this back.

Super frustrating, enough so that after the millionth time of dealing with something on this editor, am actually leaving a comment like this.

0 votes
Matt Roche May 27, 2020

Why do you keep removing features and replacing with silliness. 

1. Where did indent go, and who is the PM who is so passionate about removing/limiting it? I get that phones don't look good with lots of indents, but if you are documenting software on a phone you are not good at documenting.

2. Macros are gone? This is a Wiki - linking pages is one of the basic functions, and now it is gone and I cannot figure out how to get it back. For real people doing documentation, searching for menus is a huge hindrance.

0 votes
Michael Stella April 30, 2020

Oh wait, I have another - there's a macro, "status" - it inserts a small bit of text with a colored background.  If you're way down the bottom of a large page, and you insert this, confluence inexplicably smooth-scrolls you to the top of the page!

0 votes
Michael Stella April 30, 2020

My most recent annoyance is that you cannot make a table be anything other than the full width of the page.  I was trying to make a small table with 3 items under a header to show a few small details, but NO, not possible.

Honestly I wonder why any of us are still using this awful thing.

0 votes
Maya Sousa April 8, 2020

I just bought the cloud version and extremely disappointed. I remember Confluence being able to quickly switch to the wiki language and go to town. I've researched hours today how to add a basic vertical scroll bar to a table and you can't edit CSS in cloud, div has been deprecated, panels has been deprecated, and you can't edit macros. Confluence has reduced its features over the years, not expanded. 

0 votes
Liri Elgozi March 29, 2020

This is just the worst!
It ruins few weeks of work in a matter of seconds...

Impossible to work with!!!

0 votes
Alyssa Hays March 27, 2020

All of this. Sometimes the image will upload but only the first one on the page. Sometimes it looks like 12 uploaded but then when you publish, only the first works. 

I can't even find an UNDO function so I have to publish live pages over and over as if it's an autosave function.

I can't even rely on the insertion point staying where I've put it when I start typing - janky and infuriating. I'm being paid to produce an internal wiki and I'm honestly considering withdrawing because I can't honestly say that it can be done to a reasonable standard. Incredibly disappointing. 

0 votes
Jaime Hablutzel February 15, 2020

I don't have time to read all of this. All I have to say with real pain and impotence is that the 2020 editor that is being forced in Confluence Cloud currently is just bad, such bad that if there is any other product that behaves like Confluence used to work in the past I would just switch without thinking it too much... 

0 votes
ed 209 January 15, 2020

Confluence editor continues to be one of the worst parts of my job.  Bloated, unusable garbage.

0 votes
Nicholas DiPiazza September 5, 2019

`I really wish confluence cloud had a markdown plugin`

**Because that would be awesome**

~~Whoever the product owner is over there that allowed confluence cloud to be released without a markdown plugin should be promoted, and then after they buy a bigger house due to their promotion fired abruptly.~~

0 votes
Nicholas DiPiazza September 5, 2019

well to be clear, it's just confluence cloud. confluence on prem has a markup plugin.

but yeah, most of us complaining here were cursed by a company who decided to go confluence cloud.

0 votes
Peter Kidson September 5, 2019

I can see Confluence crashing out of the market over this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events