Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template for managed services company.

Анатолий January 9, 2020

Hi,

I am working for a managed services company. We use Confluence for Documentation/"Knowledge base" purpose. I read confluence documentation about templates but it is not very clear how blank space template differ from Documentation template. I believe same page templates can be used in both spaces. The only one difference will be the overview page. Let me know if I am wrong.

I created by myself the following structure of pages:

Client 1

Active Directory

ADFS

Antivirus

Backup

DHCP

DNS

etc...

Client 2

Active Directory

ADFS

Antivirus

Backup

DHCP

DNS

etc...

Client N

Active Directory

ADFS

Antivirus

Backup

DHCP

DNS

etc...

I think it will be useful to create a "Managed Services" template with useful page templates or at least to provide an example of such Documentation/Knowledge base structure and not allow every confluence user to reinvent the wheel every time.

Thanks

1 comment

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

The space blueprints can't be customised and the space content template just setups a consistent space overview (home) page when a new space is created.

Also consider that as Confluence doesn't allow duplicate page names in a space, you might want to consider creating a space per customer. Otherwise, you'll need to (for example) put the name of your client or some other unique reference into the page names.

e.g. 

Client A

- Active Directory - Client A

- ADFS - Client A

etc

Client B

- Active Directory - Client B

- ADFS - Client B

etc

If you do allocate a space per client, a marketplace solution like Copy Space for Confluence https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212099/copy-space-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview means you could create a space to use as a template.

Анатолий January 12, 2020

My main idea was to ask Atlassian to create space "Managed Services" blueprint. Same as they create blueprint for Documentation and Knowledge base.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events