Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some way to avoid the "Publish others' changes" step?

Harvey Rogers November 10, 2017

I'm loving collaborative editing, but I feel like the publish step is an obstacle. Most people feel obligated to ask the person whose changes they're publishing if it's okay. 

So the workflow looks like:

1. Edit
  2. Click Publish
  3. Ask people in Slack if you can publish their stuff
  4. Wait for responses
  5. Publish

That's much less enjoyable than the Google Docs approach.

Could there be some way to say, as an editor, "I'm done with my changes and you don't need to prompt anyone about them?"

I realize this could mean your changes never get published, if the other editors never end up clicking the button. 

A more complicated option would be something like, "Publish my changes eventually." And the page would be auto-published a certain amount of time after there's no activity.

Better thoughts?

2 answers

0 votes
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024
0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

That possibility is not there right now. But you could suggest something like that as a feature request at jira.atlassian.com.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events