Show us your spaces and pages!

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2019

Hello Community👋

My name is Ada, and I’m the Product Marketing Manager for Confluence Server & Data Center at Atlassian.

We want to help customers be as successful as possible with our tools, and in response to your feedback, we are currently building resources around content management and information architecture best practices.

We want to include as many real-life examples as possible, so we would love to see :eyes: some of your Confluence spaces, page trees and pages. Screenshots ðŸ“· of how you organize your Confluence content are preferred - comment below, or if you'd like to share privately, feel free to shoot me an email at achen@atlassian.com.

If you’re not able to share an example of what your spaces and pages look like, we’d love to get your top tips below!

3 comments

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Ada Chen :) 

Confluence feels like home to me, and I love to use it and share some real-life examples. I use Confluence Server & Cloud daily both for work and personal stuff. Like an absolute Order maniac, my spaces and pages are pretty well organized (I have no clue how many pages I created through the years, but it's not a small number).

Examples are coming!

Welcome to my personal space. It's not "Test" space from around three years, but I usually keep my first creations as is. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 2.55.48 PM.png

Here I am storing some information that the team shouldn't know or pages with notes and drafts which are restricted for everyone except myself. 

All things regarding the Atlassian Community and my Community leadership are also there. It's like a big closet. :)

The second example is an article that I posted in the Community a long time ago. I keep everything separated: Questions, Articles, Friday Fun topics, etc. The Confluence Blog section is not my favorite, and I stick to the mainlands.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 2.54.40 PM.png

Time to add that I work at Botron's Marketing team, and we have a strong Confluence presence there. No Confluence - No Joy. I still remember the time when something crashed for more than an hour, and I was ready to shed some tears without having the best tool ever. 

Our Marketing space is actually 8 spaces: keeping all initiatives separate makes creation, searching, and finding of information much more comfortable. We have a Marketing Home landing page with navigation to the top 6 used spaces. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 2.56.16 PM.png

And we are getting better and better in optimizing the look and feel of our Confluence, and it's getting more and more useful for the other team members and us. 

Hope this helps your research :)

Like • # people like this
Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Wow, thank you @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ! This definitely helps - may I ask what the other 2 marketing spaces are and/or how people find them if they're not linked to in that Marketing Home landing page? 

Also, if I understand correctly, you have:

• Your personal space, where you organize many different types of pages in different page trees
  • A Marketing Home space, where you have a landing page (are there other pages kept here?)
  • 8 other spaces for different Marketing initiatives 

Let me know if this is correct, or if I am missing anything!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Happy to support :))

Yes, you understand this right, and with a little more information:

• Correct, my personal space, which I use for all my initiatives, drafts, and evil plans.
  • Marketing Home space has some pages included, but we try to keep it simple: only planning notes, KPI's, calendars, and other things that are useful for a long time.
  • 6 of the spaces are attached to the Marketing Home and easy to navigate through the marketing portal.

The other two are part of the job of our Marketing department, but they are also independent enough: Events Space and Partners Space. I suppose the Events is the most interesting for the team, they don't have any problems navigating to the hot news :)

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 6.55.49.png

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
October 11, 2019

Aha, that makes a ton of sense. Similarly, Atlassians don't have any problems navigating to popular pages ;) Thank you @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_

Jaap Buitelaar October 29, 2019

Finding your content is the challenge. This is our confluence landing page.

We work with a lot of teams, projects and product domains. Each item in this diagram links to the space for that item.

image.png

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
November 4, 2019

Thanks @Jaap Buitelaar ! By landing page, do you mean this is the default that everyone sees in Confluence? What do the teams see when they do to a space for their work?

VJ November 5, 2019

Your landing page looks intuitive @Jaap Buitelaar  thanks for sharing.

Can I ask? How did you get so beautiful colors and shapes, is it CSS? I do not find so many color options in my editor.

mishalove November 26, 2019

@Jaap Buitelaar I'm also curious what tool you used to create this page - can you share your secrets with us? :) 

Jaap Buitelaar November 26, 2019

Hi all, this page was created using draw.io

All of the block are hotzones linking to a space. 

Each space category has a rouhgly uniform layout, so when someone switches to a different project, the pages and navigation look a bit familiar.

Of course people working on a space start in that space directly.

Like • VJ likes this
mishalove November 26, 2019

@Jaap Buitelaar What a great use of the tool, very cool! Thanks for sharing! 

Like • Jaap Buitelaar likes this
Joana Cardoso de Afonso October 29, 2019

I create homepages with Confluence for different companies I work for but the new format doesn´t  have the columns/ sections macros so I guess it won´t be possible anymore... I understand the approach of make the design consistent and clean but it´s too limited now so I guess we will need to find other solutions.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 14.14.53.png

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
November 4, 2019

Interesting, thanks @Joana Cardoso de Afonso ! Do each of those links from the "Employee Portal" section go to a page in this space or to other spaces?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events