Sharing Confluence Page with many people results in huge e-mail file sizes

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2017

Confluence version: 5.9.7

When sharing a Page with several people, each of them receives an e-mail about the share. At the bottom of the mail it says "Also shared with" followed by a list of all the other users the page was shared with -- including their profile pictures.

These profile pictures don't seem to be compressed very well, so an e-mail shared with 18 people is already about 1.4 MB in size.

For big enterprises, where sometimes pages are shared with dozens of people, this might be a problem.

Does someone know a solution to that? Is this maybe fixed in a newer version of Confluence?

Here are my suggestions (that don't work because the features don't exist [yet]):

• switching to text-only e-mails
  • adjusting the e-mail template so that only the names are listed
  • adjusting the e-mail template so that the pictures are compressed more

1 comment

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2017

I'm not sure that it could work but maybe you could remove this "also shared with" field by customizing the email ? I found this doc https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/customizing-email-templates-168001822.html 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events