Setting up external accounts within a company network and granting limited permissions

Calvin Lin June 13, 2017

Hi all,

We're looking to set up a method of inviting our clients to read through our documentation that we post within a confluence space. We solely want these types of users that we give access to to only be able to:

1. Read through all the content
  2. Export the pages (Normal and Custom through Content Tools)

Our confluence, JIRA, and all other atlassian tools exist within our company's ADLM server and I have to go through an administrative process to get any users created that are not within our company's organization

Is anyone familiar with this kind of process and/or how I might be able to bypass it to allow external users to be created and how to permission their access to ONLY the two actions above? 

This includes removing the other tabs in "content tools" under "Space Tools" in the bottom left:

• Space Admin Browser (Because it seems to give them the ability to edit and remove pages within this space)
  • Orphaned Pages
  • Undefined Pages
  • Attachments

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 11.17.32 AM.png

Removing "Tasks" under "Space Tools"

As well as under the ellipsis, removing a few options:

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 11.17.24 AM.png

• Attachments
  • Page History
  • Page Activity
  • Restrictions
  • Add Git Attachment
  • Page Information
  • Space Admin Browser
  • View Source

I've requested assistance from our ADLM service but they're very slow to respond so I'm looking for any assistance possible to help configure this page to be the best looking User Guide out there! :)

Best,

Calvin

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events