Sending two emails separately with two registers in the same template.

The user A and the user B  have been registered A and B information in a template, each register has a button to send it throught an email , I am using IFTTT (onCreated send email) and tableview to show the registers. But when I submmit one of the Buttons all the information A and B are sent in the same email. 

How the filter should be constructed to send separately the information A and B in two diferent emails when the corresponding button is selected A or B.

Please I need your advice

Martin

2 comments

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2022

Hi

Do you have 2 forms configured and both have an IFTTT that sends an email on a form submit (onCreated)?

A bit difficult to understand... or is it just one form that contains information for A and B?

Alex

I just have one IFTTT to send the email and is one template that contains information for A and B,  is one template where  the user has to get in to register the information.

How can I separate the information  in order to send separately two emails A and B?

Thanks for your help

Martin

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2022

Hi

If you want to send 2 emails of different contents then make 2 IFTTTs that are set to do that. And put the information you want/need into each template as you like

Alex

Hi,  let me clarify,

this template  ask for permission to access the corporate building, the user has to respond 6 questions, there are a list of approvers, every user has to select to the approver, so every email represents the approval from the approver plus  the 6 questions  and can not be mixed with information from other user, but all users use the same template.

How can I separate each permission to access the building ?  Should I asign a code number to each request to redirect to each IFTTT?

Martin

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2022

So, each form submission will be a different record in ConfiForms by default

Which means, in a submission you will see only ONE record's data. 

Makes sense to have, for example a CardView macro set inside the IFTTT that sends and email and that CardView to be set to filter data (filter to apply on the dataset) with the following expression

id:[entry.id]

And if you want you can have an autonumber field in your form also, so it has a human friendly ID

Alex

Alex,  I included an Action button inside each user requirement but how can I interconnect  every action button with each user requirement in order to send the email with the user information?

Martin

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2022

I am sorry, I dont understand your comment... how to interconnect the button with user requirement? 

Are you asking on how to send the email clicking on the action button?

Something what we demonstrate in this example, maybe? 

I found that example a weeks ago but I did not make it, , I followed the confluence  source code,  I made my own example but it doesn´t work , the email doesn´t  leave , I play with IFTTT with onCreated -email  and works , without action button and  without send (hidden), but once i included  them in the form the example fails.  Please need your help.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2022

When an action button is triggered it update the record, so it means the onModified event happens.

Do you have IFTTT rules in your ConfiForms Form Definition macro set to react on onModified event?

Hard to tell what is not working for you, without really seeing your configuration.

You can either put it here or open a support ticket with us if you feel more comfortable

Alex

thumbnail_image002.pngthumbnail_image003.pngsnethumbnail_image005.png

send:true AND hasChange(send):true 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2022

It should be "hasChanged" and not "hasChange" in the condition

And you have to understand that this will work only once when the field changes to "true". Which means every next click will not trigger an email, as per your configuration

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events