Problem encountered when using the Excel-like macro plugin

Phil October 6, 2021

I am trying to use the "Excel-like Tables" plugin macro to create a template I can use to create confluence pages.

I am creating some business processes and want to embed an Excel Spreadsheet into a confluence page created from a template. The current situation I am trying to "fix" is that the Excel content is added as an attachment. I want the users to do everything in confluence, rather than working on an attachment. I don't want the end user to have to navigate to the spreadsheet from an existing page but to create a new page with the spreadsheet pre-loaded.

The plugin works as required if you use it on an existing page but does NOT work if I do the same thing in a template. If I add an existing Excel spreadsheet into the table in the template, then click Save and Exit to Confluence, it comes up with a message that  says: 

We’ve hit a snag

The issue should resolve on its own, but if it keeps happening, ask your admin to contact our support team and give them:

• The URL of this page
  • The code associated with this error: tuv2e2

Any suggestions are very welcome.

3 comments

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian Community @Phil Can you please confirm which cloud plan are you using - Free/Standard/ Premium? I think this is something which Atlassian Support team can fix for you if its reoccurring time to time, so raising a support ticket with them will help.

Kenichi Abe October 20, 2021

Hi Phil,

We are RickSoft, developed "Excel-like Tables for Confluence".

Currently, the table macro isn't available in a global template due to Confluence's restriction.
Though, as the feature is handy, we want to think about how to resolve it.
We added it to our backlogs.

Would you mind keeping watching our roadmap?

Kenichi Abe July 12, 2022

Hi Phil,

"Excel-like Tables for Confluence" table macro is currently available on the Global and Space templates.

Please check out our document and video.

Imogen Caroline Brendel August 29, 2023

It doesn't seem to work though?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events