Page Break

Lui Jimenez February 15, 2019

In the new editor page for confluence, the "div" macro which allowed you to create a page break with a simple code (page-break-before: always;) in CSS style was removed.
How can we create a page break in the middle of the page? Which macro should i use? 

Can the div macro be reinstated? Ill include the screenshot of the macro i used to use.Annotation 2019-02-15 103639.png

4 answers

0 votes
ervinhaley August 8, 2022

Thanks very much!

0 votes
ervinhaley August 8, 2022

Thanks very much!

drift hunters

0 votes
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

Hi @Lui Jimenez

You can try using Other Macros > Formatting > Divbox instead. Add page-break-after:always; similar to what you did with div. You might see a border and some background color in the page. Add background-color:transparent; border: 0px additionally to your styling to avoid seeing the border and background color.

Refer to this page for more information.

Good Luck!

Thanks

Sireesha

Lui Jimenez February 19, 2019

@Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire] The Other Macros > Formatting does not exist in the New Editing Experience.
Is it called something else? If you have it, can you include a screenshot using the new editing experience page? 

Thank you

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2019

Hi @Lui Jimenez

I am afraid there is no other way you can introduce a page break as a user. I have tried many other options myself and some suggestions on community, but looks like all of them need additional plugins or macros. 

And I am sorry about divbox suggestion - I found this on one of the forums. I just looked for it in my 'new editor experience'. I didn't find it either. Probably, it is not available natively in Confluence cause, there is a reason why Atlassian removed it from the list in first place.

Is there anyway you can contact your Admin and ask him/her to create the pagebreak user macro for you? It is super simple and shouldn't take more than 5 min. Find it in my first reply.

Here is one more suggestion you can probably check using PDF Stylesheet settings (in case you are a space admin, assuming you have your own space) - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Insert-page-breaks-in-a-page-export/qaq-p/337306.

Sireesha

Lui Jimenez February 20, 2019

Thank you for your time and effort. I could contact my admin for confluence; however, it looks like Atlassian is going to discontinue 'Create your own macro' feature effective March, 2019.

I really hope they add back the div macro, is there a place we can submit this ticket/issue for them to review and reply?

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2019

Yes! You can view existing tickets and open a new ticket with Atlassian here. Thanks!

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2019

Hi @Lui Jimenez

As a Confluence user, you can always include a new div macro into your page wherever you need a page break and add page-break-before: always; in the style parameter of the macro. 

As an Admin you can:

Create a user macro, by navigating to Settings > General Configuration > User Macros > Create a user macro. Define the macro by providing the following details

• Macro name - pagebreak
  • Select the No Macro Body option
  • In the Template section, add the following
## @noparams
<div style="page-break-before:always;"></div>

Customize PDF settings, defining the page height, width, page numbers, headers and footers etc... You can do so by navigating to Settings > General Configuration > PDF Layout or Space Tools > Content Tools > Export > PDF. In this case, the page break is based on the settings you apply in your PDF export configuration.
For more details about PDF Export settings, please refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/customize-exports-to-pdf-190480945.html.

Hope one of these methods works for you!

Thanks

Sireesha

Lui Jimenez February 18, 2019

Hi @Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire] 

thank you for your reply, but my issue is that in the new confluence style page, the div macro was removed so i dont have the ability to add one. Was this a mistake by Atlassian or done on purpose? 

Im hoping the div macro gets added back. Is there another way to get this done? Unfortunately im not an admin user to be able to create macros. 

Like Database Support likes this
Lui Jimenez February 18, 2019

Annotation 2019-02-18 112840.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events