Jira and Confluence Upgrade to Latest Version

Navadeep M June 5, 2017

Hi Team,

We have our JIRA and Confluence applications hosted on-premise now.
Current JIRA version we are using - 6.3.12

Current Confluence version we are using - 5.6.4

We are planning for the Migration and upgrade to latest available version.

Current Environment - JIRA 6.3.12, Confluence 5.6.4 , Database- PostgreSQL 8.4.20
Target Environment - Latest available version of JIRA(7.3.x) (Confluence-6.3), Database - Oracle 11g/12c

Our plan was to procure 2 new application servers, 1 DB server on-premise and host the applications to newly procured servers.

Now our client have finalized to do this in Google CLOUD.

Could you please share me the steps on how we need to plan for the entire process.
We need to take care of the Infrastructure, Database Migration and application upgrade.

Also could you please share the documentation to migrate or upgrade the applications in Google cloud. What are the services that best support for the entire process.

Kindly let me know if you need any other information in this regard.

Thanks,
Navadeep

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

This all depends on what you are getting from "google cloud".

Can you log into the server(s) the systems are targetted at and run an installation of them?

Navadeep M June 6, 2017

Hi Nic,

We have not yet started anything on google cloud. Instead of hosting the JIRA/Confluence upgrade on the on-premise servers, we got proposal to move to Google Cloud. Checked for the documentation in Atlassian, found information on the cloud environment AWS, but not Google Cloud.

I just wanted to check whether anyone have performed the Upgrade on Google cloud environment, so that I could gather the services supported by Google cloud for this upgrade.

Thanks,

Nav

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events