Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing our new and improved expand!

Viewing page 2 of 3

75 comments

Comment

Brett Hall December 30, 2019

New to really following, but this came up when I was editing my own work. Will these features roll out to the rest of Confluence or remain only on Confluence Cloud?

Mo Housaini December 30, 2019

A simple, yet quite useful enhancement would be to give us the ability to set the default state of the Expand item:

• Collapsed
  • Expanded
Like # people like this
M B December 30, 2019

@Jonno Katahanas Looks like we got nesting but still unable to nest Tables in Expand, Info and other Panels and in Tables.

This alone remains the usage during the daily work on my Jira Cloud instance with the old Editor, and in New Editor, I can't do this.

Appreciate the efforts Atlassian Team is making to introduce features and facilitate users. Any words on this, please.

Alberto Jerónimo Calvente December 31, 2019

Thanks for the information!
- When would it be possible to create a table within a cell of another main table?
- Will it be possible to export in pdf or doc in horizontal format or to sizes other than A4?

Holly Graham December 31, 2019

Amazing! Thank you for the update! I'll be expanding everything :) 

Mickail Ranapurwala January 1, 2020

This is really a helpful feature.

Hannes K January 1, 2020

Nice feature, @Jonno Katahanas . In addition it would be great that an editor/admin could choose that all headings are collapsed by default and reader can expand the one that he/she likes to view. That way all the old articles (that are nicely formatted with headings) could be expandable ;)

Roydon D Souza January 1, 2020

Much needed. Thank you :) 

Paul Gordon January 2, 2020

While improvements on this macro are welcome, myself and several others would prefer some work to bring back the 'Whats changed' comment box or at lease provide a viable alternative. As you can see from CONFCLOUD-65695 this function is commonly used to ensure Confluence can be utilised from a quality/compliance perspective. Failing to comment or acknowledge this problem will lose a significant customer base proportion over time as companies are forced to migrate to a tool that provides this basic functionality. Improvements to a few macros is useless if core features are lost - its like polishing a car that has no wheels. 

Like Mia Myrkheimr likes this
Vladyslav Baluiev January 2, 2020

In the earlier versions of this update, I hated that I was not able to use /expand inside the table. Now I can. THX

Laura Zibell January 2, 2020

I like the idea of nesting!  Thank you!

Vladyslav Baluiev January 2, 2020

I wonder why numbered and bullet lists do not work if expand is inside the table.

Like Clint Adams likes this
Milo Grika January 2, 2020

Not sure I understand the hoopla. 

It seems that the only benefit is that you can now title the Expand immediately instead of editing the macro later.

The old-page version worked in tables.

Plus we lost the ability to nest Expands within Expands, which we could do with the old-page version.

Like # people like this
Omri Peri January 2, 2020

Hey, great enhancement! Is there a way to select only the text found in the expand, after I'm expanding it?

It will be great.

We're trying to have a collection of snippets in our page and without it we're missing a lot from the feature.

Thanks! Omri.

Jean-Michel Decombe January 2, 2020

I would like to be able to insert an expand within a bullet point at any level of depth. My assumption is that a page is a hierarchy of objects and thus one should be able to put anything inside a bullet point, including an expand, a table, etc.

Like peter likes this
Ken Pemberton January 3, 2020

Cool! Thanks.

Simon Shen January 3, 2020

Thank you for the new feature.

I notice a few things that hope can be improved:

1. When copying content in a cell by using mouse dragging from right to the left, it often moves the whole cell and create a new one. 9.9 out 10 this happens

2. Slowness

Like Mia Myrkheimr likes this
michael.plazzer January 5, 2020

Good work Jonno and team, works great!

Thomas Gottmann January 6, 2020

Great - this feature will help a lot to enable better visualisation of informations. Thank you! 

cruel January 6, 2020

Cool story, bro....what about Single Layouts?

ChangSu Lee January 6, 2020

Very helpful! thanks!

Joshua Martin January 6, 2020

This has been great so far! 

I did have a question regarding the Table of Contents and Expand. 

How can I ensure that selecting a heading in the TOC, it opens the expand and then tracks to the right heading? 

Thank you

@Jonno Katahanas 

Robert Petta January 7, 2020

Is there a way to style (bold, color, etc.) the expand widget's title? The title currently appears light gray.

Like # people like this
Carolynn Kemmerer January 7, 2020

How do I shrink the table so it isn't so wide?  I tried dragging the end column but it won't go.

Like peter likes this
Bernard Tai January 7, 2020

In the older version of confluence we used to be able to insert expand between bullet points and numbered lists. However, now, attempting to insert an expand between bullet or numbered items pushes the expand feature to the BOTTOM of the list. 

To work around this I have to use tables, but oh wouldn't it be so great to have that feature back please!

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 2.14.25 pm.png

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events