Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Inserted excel file won't preview, It spins on "Your preview is on its way".

I have just installed Confluence 7.3.5 datacenter version on Ubuntu 18.04 x64.  Everthing seems to be working and I tried the drag and drop feature to add an excel document to a page.  The spreadsheet is added but when I try and open it it goes to the "Your preview is on its way" box and spins. 

I read some where that this could be a permissions issue, but I am not sure where to change the permissions and for whom.  Has anyone else ran into this problem?

2 comments

Erica Moss Community Manager Apr 21, 2020

@Ed_Selig Hey, Ed! I'm going to move this to the Confluence collection, so you can get the best possible answers. 😄

Thanks, I checked and the  Confluence Document Conversion Library is enabled so it isn't that.  I am able to embed an excel spreadsheet, and import a word doc. with no issues,  I know I am going to have users that will want to drag and drop so I really need to find a solution.

Is this working for everyone else?

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,390 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you