Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserted excel file won't preview, It spins on "Your preview is on its way".

Ed_Selig April 16, 2020

I have just installed Confluence 7.3.5 datacenter version on Ubuntu 18.04 x64.  Everthing seems to be working and I tried the drag and drop feature to add an excel document to a page.  The spreadsheet is added but when I try and open it it goes to the "Your preview is on its way" box and spins. 

I read some where that this could be a permissions issue, but I am not sure where to change the permissions and for whom.  Has anyone else ran into this problem?

3 answers

0 votes
Ed Selig April 28, 2020

Is this working for everyone else?

0 votes
Ed Selig April 28, 2020

Thanks, I checked and the  Confluence Document Conversion Library is enabled so it isn't that.  I am able to embed an excel spreadsheet, and import a word doc. with no issues,  I know I am going to have users that will want to drag and drop so I really need to find a solution.

0 votes
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2020

@Ed_Selig Hey, Ed! I'm going to move this to the Confluence collection, so you can get the best possible answers. 😄

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events