Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorporating Public space into a Confluence Instance (security concerns)

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2018

I am trying to spearhead a change within my organization, to use Confluence as knowledgebase solution for our end users. This involves making one confluence space into a public space. Our organization continually undergoes SOC audits for security, and one of the concerns of my lead engineer is the human factor of a user incorrectly putting a page (internal documentation) into space for our external documentation. This is a security risk

Since I want to move this project forward, I want to have a few bullet points I can use to counter her arguments. 

• the one main point I came up with is via user permissions, only select users will have write access to the public-facing space

Any other recommendations would be helpful since the alternative we are considering is Zendesk and I do not think ZD is the right solution for our team

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2018

To mitigate this I would tend to put in an approval workflow that requires multiple person sign-off to make sure that secrets stay secret. There are add-ons in the marketplace that can give you that functionality. The one I am most familiar with is Comala Workflows.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events