It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Huge PDF Sizes Exported from Confluence in v6.7.2

We recently upgraded to v6.7.2 from 5.x (I think it was v5.7.) and custom PDF space exports are huge compared to what they were with the previous version we ran. The last space export I have is 18MB, and the export of the space now - with very few modifications and some reductions to the stylesheet - is at almost 850MB. I was able to use Acrobat to reduce the PDF size to 250MB, but it is still too unwieldy to use. Why is Confluence outputting such huge files?

3 comments

Hi! 

We have met this problem on Confluence 6.10.2 as well. 

Have you fixed it?

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Deleted user Sep 02, 2019

We're running into this as well, did you manage to find a fix?

The problem is even worse since our documentation hits a 2GB limit and fails when the full site is exported.

Compared to an older export the file size has grown 700%, even though the number of pages have gone down.

We have encountered the same issue with our PDFs--a former 250MB PDF is now 2GB. We were unable to compress the PDF to a reasonable size. Is there a workaround?

Thanks!
Shirly

1. Open the PDF produced by Confluence in Adobe Acrobat.  

2. Click the Tools menu.

3. Select the Action Wizard.

4. Select Optimize for Web. 

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

328 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you