How to make make Confluence pages public?

Tayger October 10, 2018

Hello

I would like to my make my Confluence space public so EVERYONE can see it (read access) without being logged in. I once set that and thought it works. Now I got a complaint it doesn't work. I logged out at Confluence and tried the main link. Oh, it really doesn't work! 

forbidden.png

So I checked my settings in Confluence:

Settings -> Global Permissions :

global.png

First checkbox "Use Confluence" is checked (for anonymous access)

Settings -> Space Permissions :

space.png

Looks good to me too: Anonymous access granted "show"

What am I doing wrong? Is there any place I have to check a box?

Regards

7 comments

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2018

From you screenshots anonymous access is configured correctly in confluence.  If a user tries to access a page in Confluence that is not anonymous and they are not logged in then they should be directed to the login page.  The 403 forbidden page should not be showing so it seems like something else is happening.  Have you checked your logs? This is the only thing I was able to find that Atalssian has posted on the issue, maybe this is the same thing that is happening to you https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5726

Tayger October 10, 2018

Thank you for the answer and also for the link! In my case it's different: I'm not having the issue with any mobile devices (as stated in the link). Maybe too (not yet tested). I'm having this issue on my notebook. Furthermore I try to access my page directly by link, no Jira involved.

Feel free to test it: Testlink

Do you get the permission error too?

I get this error only when I'm not logged in to Atlassian (= anonymous). 

Regards

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2018

Nope it is good for me.  Wondering if it is an issue with cookies.  Have you tried clearing your cache?

Tayger October 10, 2018

Hmm, that is weird! I've just tested it again (being logged out = anonymous) and it worked! (without clearing the cache). Sometimes I clear my cache maybe that caused the hiccups.

I have to ask some others to test it.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018

the navigation breaks on the sub-pages.Capture6.PNGCapture7.PNG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018

Looks like it might have something to do with your instance.  I would raise a support ticket with Atlassian.

Tayger October 10, 2018

Ok, tnx, I will with link to this thread!

Tayger October 10, 2018

I'm not allowed to create a bug: User 'tyfash' doesn't have the 'Assign Issues' permission

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018
Tayger October 10, 2018

Tnx, just was there!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events