How to combine Confluence with Jira to buid up traceable personal skill matrix

Gordon CAO April 8, 2018
  • Each team member would have unique profile contains skill matrix with ratings
  • Skills matrix ratings will be initiated with certain points after review with Line manager
  •  Skill matrix ratings could be automatically growing after this member taking traininngs or accomplishing tasks
  • How much & which skill rating shall grow can be defined by task assigner & Trainer

Very appreciate if anyone could share me with details.

Br,

Gordon

1 comment

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2018

Hey Gordon, as far as creating a skill repository page for each team member, I think that is a fabulous idea. I'm seeing in my head a very RPG-esque page.

When your team member 'levels up' is the part that I'm not understanding fully. 

What programs will trigger these updates? Do you have a system for tracking these certifications currently inside your organization? These are all questions you'll have to answer within your organization to find the best fit for integrating your services. 

For every action you want to see, the triggering process will need to have the ability to make a call out to Confluence. This is where things get sticky. 

Currently, I use Zapier for automation processes between two programs. These include support for Outlook mapping updates to JIRA or JIRA processes updaitng Trello cards in specific ways.

Similarly, there are other programs like Unito or Apiant that can provide you similar integration support. 

Like Marilena Cancel likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events