Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Take - Confluence "Questions" Feature?

Amy Chamberlain May 17, 2023

Our team relies on Confluence quite a bit to take meeting notes. The other day I was stuck trying to figure out how to document a question that needs to be answered by our team. I could use "action" but, making a decision isn't really an "action". So I have a question and an idea to pitch to the broader group!

Q: Is there any other kind of "pin" feature in Confluence I could use that I'm not aware of to pin things? Something with a macro that can aggregate it into a report (like a Task Report or a Decision Report)?

Assuming there's no such functionality...

I: Was thinking about requesting a "pin" or a "question" feature to Atlassian - is there an appetite out there for such a feature?

Thx!

4 answers

1 vote
Amy Chamberlain May 24, 2023

@Andy Gladstone I have not! But this looks to be more of a question form (like what we're using here to post to forums) rather than a macro that can be reported on. Have you used that? Is that assessment on point or nay?

Thanks!!

1 vote
Amy Chamberlain May 18, 2023

OOH love that idea @Ms. Hiller

1 vote
Ms. Hiller May 18, 2023

I  vote for a full 'Question' macro - my dream is for the question to generate a comment box inside the page where users can leave answers.

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

@Amy Chamberlain have you checked out Questions for Confluence as a potential solution to this problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events