Google Tasks integration for Confluence

Benjamin Ruoff June 20, 2018

Wouldn't it be great if there were a Google Tasks integration for the Confluence Tasks Lists? 

At the moment we have the problem that we create tasks and stuff in meeting notes and retrospectives and so on, but no one will be reminded of them. 

So eg in the next retro we will go over the actions, which we created as tasks, and well nothing happened. Mainly because of no one was really reminded that there is stuff to do.

18 comments

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2018

Have you seen the Task Reminder add-on? It won't integrate to Google tasks, but it does send out reminders.

EZmob May 5, 2020

got to be google tasks, if it's not in my email it doesn't exist. 

Like # people like this
Frederick Reynecke September 14, 2022

At first glance this sounds lazy, but the value of being able to have only one to do list is very high.

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2023

An alternative could be building a Dashboard with both Confluence and Jira Tasks on it, showing all "todos" assigned to the current user. To achieve this you need the Task Reports for Jira App. The app also allows you to subscribe to your Confluence Tasks and see them on your calendar. Disclaimer: I'm the PM of that app :)

Emily Errico June 21, 2018

There's testing for an upcoming Atlassian product known as Clementine right now. From what I can tell, it funnels data from multiple programs (including Confluence and Google Drive). It gives you one task list using this data. I'd recommending signing up for testing and letting them know that you'd like this feature to be implemented.

I hope this helped. :)

Douglas de Oliveira September 11, 2018

agree with Emily recommendation.
i am already testing Clementine.

Clark Everson April 19, 2019

Does or will Clementine work with Confluence Cloud?

Veve August 29, 2019

It has been shut down :(

Like EZmob likes this
Benjamin Ruoff July 24, 2019

*bump*

Would be a very useful integration. 

Like uma likes this
EZmob August 8, 2019

yep, would be awesome

Veve August 29, 2019

bump again

EZmob January 16, 2020

bump for the win

kayla May 5, 2020

Bump

Even an integration to Google to allow the same functionality that Google tasks offers (create task from email with direct link to email). 

Regardless of the approach, the resolution would allow users to create a one source of truth for tasks... please.

EZmob May 5, 2020

buuuumping. 

giovanni April 14, 2021

Buuump - would be helpful to gain traction with my team

Like EZmob likes this
amit_hergass August 3, 2021

Bump - would be great to view Google Action Items on Confluence.

Cristin Iosif March 10, 2022

Bump

Like uma likes this
Frederick Reynecke September 14, 2022

Bump

Ashkon Rasooli January 22, 2023

bump

Willian Lopes February 14, 2023

Bump

Jura March 30, 2023

We need this!

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2023

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but have you tried the Confluence Chrome Extension?

A recent update now also shows all open tasks for a user or created by the user for others. 

Also, a counter is shown when the app is pinned, to remind of tasks due today or overdue tasks.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 21.38.31.png

Useful for you? Hope this helps!

Ruby July 11, 2023

Just here to bump/support this. So many other services give you an ical link that you can subscribe to from your Google Calendar. Even that isn't ideal because the updates only go in one direction. But I can't prioritize if I can't see everything at once and the place for that to happen is in my calendar. 

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
July 13, 2023

Hi @Ruby, thanks for bumping this! Update: We're planning to add ical support for Confluence tasks to Meetical Meetings in Q3/23 in the future.

Meanwhile, we have a new App, which allows you to embed Confluence pages on Jira Dashboards, but also has a dashboard gadget to create an advanced Confluence task report for you.

The task report has a calendar view as well, plus, you can create an ical subscription for you Confluence tasks.

After installing the app you get four new gadgets, choose the Confluence Task Report.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 10.41.03.png

Use "current user" or select your user in the config.

Use the Calendar View as default view.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 10.39.42.png

The Calendar shows your tasks, and by clicking on "Sync to my calendar" you get your personal iCal URL. 

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 10.43.55.png

Does this fit your needs?

The app is currently free! Get it on the Atlassian Marketplace and give us feedback here.

Greetings,

Lukas

Ruby July 13, 2023

The ical subscription for Confluence tasks sounds very helpful. I'll check it out.

Ruby July 13, 2023

How long will the app be free, @Lukas Gotter _ Meetical ? And what will it cost when it's not? I don't want to get dependent on it if it's going to be expensive down the line. 

Ruby July 13, 2023

One more comment! My organization primarily uses Confluence for tasks, not Jira. Any chance of making this app get data from Confluence?

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
January 23, 2024

@Ruby sorry I missed your comment. 

The app will continue to be free for some time, we haven't yet decided on the exact timeline but I'd love to add user impersonation and other features alongside a paid plan to ensure a prosperous future for the product. At a reasonable price. We will keep a list of instances that were early movers and provide 12 months of free/heavily discounted options. Would that work for you?

"My organization primarily uses Confluence for tasks"

-> Yes this app has a feature intended exactly for that: To subscribe to Confluence Tasks on your calendar. (Please note, we also offer an App with ICS subscription for Jira)  

In order to subscribe to your Confluence Tasks via ICS, you configure the Task Report Gadet, then you switch to "Calendar View" and there you find the button to "Sync tasks to calendar".

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 11.23.05.png

I hope this helps!

Please answer here or reach out any time to meetical.io/support for questions and I'll personally get back to you. If you want, we can jump on a call, I'd be curious to better understand your use cases. 

Kind regards, Lukas

Mick Monaghan October 31, 2023

Bump

Like Lukas Gotter _ Meetical likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events