Find and Delete Space Shortcut Link

Deleted user January 17, 2019

A user with full permissions to a Space sees a Space Shortcut created by a deactivated user. However, current user does not have ability to remove the Space Shortcut.

I have full Admin site access. However, I do not eve see a Shortcut Link when viewing the space in question.

Nor do I see the Shortcut Link included in the list per help, "Deleting shortcut links: Shortcut links are listed on the Shortcut Links tab of the Administration Console. Click Remove to delete the shortcut."  The only links there show the option to "Delete", not "Remove".

How can I identify and delete this Shortcut Link?

TIA!

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2019

Hello there Kristina!

This is indeed a strange behaviour. Would it be possible for you to share screenshots of both views? The one where the shortcut is present and the other where it is not. Please, be careful to not disclose any sensitive information.

Also, could you clarify a few points:

1. Is this behaviour present regardless of browser being used
  2. Are there more users being affected? (other than the two mentioned here)
  3. Are there more spaces affected by this?
  4. Is there a reliable way to replicate the issue?
  5. Was the user disabled or deleted?
  6. Is your user part of the confluence-administrators group?

I was able to replicate this behaviour. Here it goes:

1. Created a Space that was restricted to admins
  2. Created a Space that was open to everybody
  3. Created yet another space where the shortcuts would be placed
  4. Login as a site wide admin (has access to first space), add a space shortcut to the Admin only space
  5. Login as a Space only admin (only has access to the open space), add another space shortcut to the open space

Outcomes:

1. The Site Wide Admin was able to see both shortcuts (has access to both spaces)
  2. The Space only admin could only see his own shortcut (has access to only one space)
  3. After granting the space admin with site wide powers, he was able to see the shortcut
  4. It did not matter if the user was disabled or not

For short:

- You need to have access to the linked content for you to be able to see the space shortcut.

If you are a System administrator in Confluence, you can go there and check the permissions set to the content that is linked.

You could ask for the user that has the shortcut to send you the link and check if you do have access to said content.

Site Administrators can grant themselves access to everything inside Confluence. Even if they can not see the content within the User Interface, they should be able to directly access it via URL. You can check further information on this here:

Confluence Admin Permission Levels Explained

Let me know your thoughts on this!

Deleted user January 28, 2019

Diego, thank you for your thoughtful reply. I confirm we were able to resolve the issue, once the space admin un-restricted and un-archived the shortcut link the previous user had created.  Unfortunately at the time I created my post, I wasn't aware the space admin had restricted the link!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events