Every new user has a space created automatically

Phillip Leonard March 23, 2021

When a new user is added to my companies confluence instance there is a  space automatically created for each user, that is public, and has default pages created for that space. This makes searching for our actual project/team spaces difficult as we now have over 150 spaces when we really should only have ~20.

What permission do I need to change in order for new users to not have a space automatically created?

Is there a way to remove these spaces without having to manually delete them?

3 answers

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hello Philip,

Thank you for raising this on Atlassian Community. I'm aware of a new onboarding process that creates these personal spaces for new users. There's a feature request for the ability to disable that feature, which I'll share below.

• CONFCLOUD-71300 Ability to disable the personal spaces creation automatically

You can help by clicking Vote for this issue, and you'll be automatically added to the list of watchers so you can receive updates on its progress in the future.

Thank you again for bringing this up, and take care.

Shannon

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Do you have an app or script that is automatically creating the personal spaces? I am unaware of anyway in the administration UI to have it automatically create a user space. There is the global permissions which gives the user the ability to create their personal space, but that checkbox does not automatically create it.

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Phillip Leonard 

welcome to this wonderful community

Please have a look on global permission settings in Confluence Cloud - and turn it off for the group for personal space

Hope this could help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events