E-Mail "spam" on changing a confluence site/jira ticket

Oliver Schalch February 8, 2018

Hello Community,

Today I got around 10 E-Mails about changing things in release notes. As i like release notes and i guess many others, 10 Mails is to much. 

Thats now a good situation to bring a "feature" request:

Changing things in JIRA/Confluence "shoots" to much emails - and here within the release notes the best example and proof.

Could Atlassian "enable" a kind spam-protection, if many changes stuff on a page, like summarize all them ober 5min (configure) and not mail out every little change.

cheeers

oli

grafik.png

2 comments

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2018

Hi Oliver,

I got this batch of emails too and was surprised - the page that was edited was pretty old. I think this was a one-off fluke. Usually the releases emails are just for the latest version and only send one notification.

Confluence also queues up changes on a page and sends a digest with newer versions. I think in this case, it just didn't happen because the files were modified somehow (which does trigger an email every time).

I would be surprised to see something like this happen again anytime soon, even if no spam protection was added.

Cheers,
Daniel

JanR March 17, 2018

The mails are related to attachments added/updated to a Confluence page. We had that problem in our company. I solved it by switching off the notification modules in a Confluence system addon related to attachments. There is a bug that the minor editing flag (Which, when set should suppress mails being send) doesn‘t seem to be recognized when files are added/deleted automatically to/from Confluence pages. 

Check the attached screenshot. Might help.

Cheers,

JP

DCB0C0A5-B55F-4EBD-A3BA-1C54E40D7207.jpeg 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events