Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Data scanning tools for Jira and Confluence

I'm in a large financial organization, running Jira and Confluence Data Center version.  I'm looking for ideas on tooling that people have used to scan structured and unstructured data for personally identifiable information, etc.  Thoughts on APIs that Jira/Confluence make available and any tools folks have used?  Such as:

Symantec Discovery
Veritas Data Insight

Thanks,

Matt

2 comments

I would be very interested to know this as well. If any API or plugin or tool can help scan JIRA and confluence data for PII, etc.

Hi @Isha Agarwal, even though the original post was about Data Center, maybe you are searching for something for Jira Cloud. If you do so, there is a solution. 

Small Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of the following app:
PII Protection for Jira Cloud is a new forge-based app, which does what I think you are searching for. It scans Issues for PII and alerts if something is found so that you can take appropriate action. You can choose from a growing amount of options to scan for.

Like # people like this

Isha, it's not entirely clear to me if you are looking for a Cloud or a Data Center solution, but for Data Center, our company offers PII Protector for Jira and PII Protector for Confluence apps, which scan Jira/Confluence content and identify PII of many different types there.

Like Isha Agarwal likes this

Thank you @Tim-Hauke Eckhardt _Jodocus_ and @Alex Kaufman _Enhancera_ , I'm indeed looking for a solution for cloud. This helps

For Data Center, please take a look at PII Protector for Jira and PII Protector for Confluence apps developed and maintained by us at Enhancera. We discover PII in your content and support many different types of data.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

768 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you