Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contents Macro not showing on wiki

Kerry Hooper February 28, 2019

I have added a contents macro in my confluence wiki article and published this to a project on our service desk. The article is showing but the macro is not I have used other macros such as expanding fields and these show up. However this one isnt working?

8 answers

1 vote
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2019

Hi Kerry,

I understand you cannot see the Table of Contents macro when viewing a Confluence page from Jira Service desk. This is a known bug, and is being tracked in Atlassian's public issue tracker here: 

Feel free to watch, vote, and comment on the suggestion ticket to help our product team understand the impact of the request, which is evaluated according to the Atlassian Bug Fix Policy (Server, Cloud).

– Zak

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2019

in this case, that should mean strange. 

Sorry for the wrong translation to english :) 

0 votes
Kerry Hooper March 1, 2019

suspect?!

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2019

This looks very suspect and unfamiliar. Unfortunatley, at this stage I can't help you either. 

@Community, does anyone else know what to do or has any suggestion?

0 votes
Kerry Hooper March 1, 2019

This is what I see on confluence

sc2.pngThis is how it looks to a service desk user sees

sc1.jpg

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2019

Okay, this is the "table of contents" macro. 

The Table of Contents macro scans the headings on the current Confluence page to create a table of contents based on those headings. This helps readers find their way around lengthy pages, by summarizing the content structure and providing links to headings.

• How did you publish this page to the service desk?
  • What it looks like for the service desk members? Do you have a screen shot of the not showing macro
0 votes
Kerry Hooper February 28, 2019

ooh not sure I dont think its either please see the screen shot 

wiki.jpg

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2019

Hi,

There are 2 macros out of the box from confluence, where you can add content

Which one do you use? And are there just the pages, which are not shown? This might be a permission thing, where the service desk don't have the permission to view the content pages. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events