Confluence guide to keyboard shortcuts!

Viewing page 2 of 2

36 comments

Comment

Barnali Putatunda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2019

loved the downloadable keyboard shortcut cheat sheet :-)

Bob Sovers May 9, 2019

You need to re-create this for Confluence Cloud and the new editor.  There are a bunch of these that no longer work!,   You should also include the keyboard shortcuts for editing a table.

Kathleen McKinnon September 11, 2019

+1!!!

Bob Sovers October 8, 2019

When will this be corrected for the new "Fabric" editor?  Most of the Edit mode codes don't work.

Also, you are missing the keyboard shortcuts for working with a table (though the shortcuts in the new editor as documented don't work)

Bob Sovers October 22, 2019

@Kesha Thill -- Now that this is no longer 100% correct for the new "fabric" editor, are you going to update it?

Is there actually a COMPREHESIVE list of ALL shortcuts, what they are supposed to do, and where they actually work?

The "View All Shortcuts" link on the on-screen help page goes to https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-confluence-cloud/keyboard-shortcuts-934720180.html which has even fewer keyboard shortcuts documented than you list or the on-screen page!

Steve Lewis October 22, 2019

Hi

When you click on the Help button (?) in Confluence, there is an option "Keyboard Shortcuts".

I am disappointed that for all the fantastic stuff that Atlassian have done with Confluence, this simple guide is still not complete or up to date. For instance, the shortcut // to enter a date from a calendar is still not mentioned. 

And it's 20 months since @Kesha Thill said they were updating the infographic. Hopefully it will be done soon.

(BTW I am using Confluence server version 6.15.4)

Laura Schneider November 6, 2019

Is there a shortcut for "Clear formatting" (for removing all formatting from text pasted from elsewhere)? I super-need one!

Like Steve Lewis likes this
Steve Lewis November 6, 2019

Hi Laura

If you are pasting the test from elsewhere, I suggest you use the option to "Paste as Plain Text". I find this very useful when I copy and paste text from a Word document.

If you right click on the document, you will see the option.

It says that the shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+V. My experience is that sometimes the short cut works, some times it does not. 

Pop Up menu when editing a document.PNG

Like Laura Schneider likes this
Laura Schneider November 6, 2019

Thanks, @Steve Lewis! That's a very useful solution when you are the one who is doing the pasting of text with unwanted formatting, but not so helpful when someone has previously pasted a formatted mess that needs to be cleaned up after-the-fact without removing ALL formatting unilaterally. :-)

Still, it might help some things to cut-paste as plain text if I have larger sections to fix up. You've certainly got me thinking now. Thanks again!

Peter Andersen November 6, 2019

You can remove headline styles with control-0 / command-0. But it will not remove bold etc.

Like Laura Schneider likes this
Laura Schneider November 7, 2019

Thanks, @Peter Andersen , that helps some! (Every little bit, right?) Thank you!

Bob Sovers February 5, 2020

@Kesha Thill --- Thank you for updating your page for the new "improved" editor.   When will the keyboard shortcuts to insert a table row or column be fixed?  The documented shortcuts are still showing as [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Down Arrow] and [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Right Arrow] which cause screen rotation in Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines.  

Traci Wilbanks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

Hi Bob, 

Screen rotation must have been an unwelcome surprise!

You are experiencing this behavior due to an Intel graphic driver. The shortcuts documented work properly when that driver isn’t installed.

Hope this helps,
Traci

Seon Shakespeare
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

Very useful!

Gregory F August 24, 2020

It seems that with current Confluence Cloud that the option to enable/disable these keyboard shortcuts doesn't actually work---the shortcuts are always enabled regardless of the setting.  This is an accessibility issue.

The relevant issue seems to be https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-40316 , so please go to that link and upvote if this is also an issue for you :-)

Ber Mor August 28, 2022

Hello, I am new to Confluence environment and these shortcuts are very helpful. Bombastic! I am just wondering if these are all still up-to-date as it has been a while since last update. Let me know please dear community. 

glenn_johnson January 18, 2023

As long as I can turn them off. Please never remove that option.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events