Confluence - New editing experience feedback

Bruno Miretti December 1, 2017

Hi,

I've been switched to the new experience and I'd like to check I'm not alone to have this issue: if I select one cell in a table, the table toolbar is displayed, if I select more than one cell, for example to change the background color of a column, the toolbar disappear !! Verified with Firefox and MS Edge.

Also, icons are very small and why did the Atlassian product management team decided to remove some of them ? Screens are large enough to display those icons, the Undo one for example... do you all work with 11" screens at Atlassian ?

1 comment

W_Erber December 1, 2017

Luckily, I don't have any problems with the cell selection (browser: Vivaldi on Linux).

But: the icons are not only small but also really unattractive. I know, this does not influence the functionality but I prefer to look at an attractive screen :-)

More significantly for me: just telling me that shortcuts have changed and giving me a long list of the current shortcuts without telling me what exactly has changed is quite user-unfriendly.

The thought to avoid conflicts with browser shortcuts is a good one, but the logical solution would be to allow confluence users to change such conflicting shortcuts in confluence to something they like better.

Also, some users may have customized their browser shortcuts to avoid conflicts - now running into conflicts.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events